Typically students attend the school serving the boundaries in which they live. For a map of school boundaries, see our boundary map page. At times, certain schools have openings for transfer students.
Transfers for the current school year have now closed.
2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR TRANSFER PROCESS:
Available openings for the 2022-23 school year are posted in the table below.
*Weekly updated openings will be on Tuesday, June 21st due to the holiday closure on Monday.
Updated: June 21, 2022 8:00 a.m.
- By March 1, the Silver Falls School Board shall establish the maximum number of nonresident students, if any, that will be given admission for 2022-23 school year under this process. Resident students will have the first opportunity to request an in-district transfer prior to the placement of a nonresident student to a specific school.
- Resident and nonresident students must make application no later than April 1, for admission for the 2022-23 school year indicating the school in the district they desire to attend. Applications must be submitted to the District Office in person, by regular mail or email for consideration. (see files below)
- By May 1, 2022, the district shall provide written notification of admission of a nonresident student into the district to the applicant and to the district of the student’s legal residence.
- If the number of applications exceeds the number of admissions to be given, an equitable lottery process will be used to determine admission. Priority cannot be given to a nonresident student over an in-district transfer request from a resident student. If the district determines that admission will not be given to any students under this process there is no obligation to give admission to siblings.
- Applications received after May 1, 2022 will be considered and processed on a space available basis only.
NON-RESIDENT TRANSFERS: If you do not reside within the Silver Falls School District Boundary and would like your student to attend Silver Falls School District, you will first contact your resident school district office and complete their “transfer out” application. Once they have approved that application, your resident school district will then forward that form to us to be used as your application to be considered for the 22-23 school year at Silver Falls School District.
SFSD IN-DISTRICT RESIDENTS REQUESTING ANOTHER SFSD SCHOOL: Please use the “In-District Transfer Request” form below. Please print, fill out, and either return to the Silver Falls School District Office or scan and email to email@example.com.
SFSD IN-DISTRICT RESIDENTS REQUESTING TO ATTEND ANOTHER DISTRICT: Please use the “Resident Transfer Out” form below. Please print, fill out, and either return to the Silver Falls School District Office or scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact Heidi Eberle at the District Office with any questions — email@example.com or 503 873-5303 ext. 1146