Typically students attend the school serving the boundaries in which they live. For a map of school boundaries, see our boundary map page. At times, certain schools have openings for transfer students.
2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR TRANSFER PROCESS:
The Silver Falls School District currently has the following transfer openings. All other schools/grades are not accepting applications at this time. Please note, if you have previously received a denial of transfer, you must reapply for new openings as they appear — your previous request does not stay in our system. Thank you for your understanding.
New openings are posted each Monday, and changes are reflected as spaces are filled. Updated: September 13, 2021 @ 8:57 a.m.
|School||Grade||Number of Openings|
- By March 1, the Silver Falls School Board shall establish the maximum number of nonresident students, if any, that will be given admission for 2021-22 school year under this process. Resident students will have the first opportunity to request an in-district transfer prior to the placement of a nonresident student to a specific school.
- Resident and nonresident students must make application no later than April 1, for admission for the 2021-22 school year indicating the school in the district they desire to attend. Applications must be submitted to the district office in person, by regular mail or email for consideration. (see files below)
- If the number of applications exceeds the number of admissions to be given, an equitable lottery process will be used to determine admission. Priority cannot be given to a nonresident student over an in-district transfer request from a resident student. If the district determines that admission will not be given to any students under this process there is no obligation to give admission to siblings.
- If you are requesting a non-resident transfer for your student to attend Silver Falls School District, please contact your resident school district office and complete their resident “transfer out” application.
- Applications received after April 1, 2021 will be considered and processed on a space available basis only.
- By May 1, 2021, the district shall provide written notification of admission of a nonresident student into the district to the applicant and to the district of the student’s legal residence.
Applications for transfer are below. Please print, fill out, and either return to the Silver Falls School District Office or scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Alex Johnson at the District Office with any questions — 503 873-5303 ext. 1122.