Substituting for Silver Falls School District
Silver Falls School District has partnered with EduStaff for our substitute program. Our district always has a need for substitute teachers, educational assistants, food services workers, custodial staff, and office specialists. If you are looking for rewarding work and a flexible schedule, consider applying to be a substitute employee today!
You can review what to expect in the application process below, and if you have any questions or problems at any stage of this process, please contact a Human Resources representative at Silver Falls School District:
Substitute teaching: Sandy Sprauer, (503) 873-5303, ext 1136
All other substitute positions: Marissa Franklin (503) 873-5303, ext 1140
or email: email@example.com
The EduStaff application is a multi-step process that includes an application, training modules, and an in-person workshop.
If you are wanting to apply to become a substitute teacher for Silver Falls School District, please review our district requirements and recommended steps before completing the EduStaff application.
Before starting the application process, be prepared to provide the following pieces of information:
- Personal Information
- Education History
- Employment History
- If you have no employment history, please be prepared to provide references.
- Criminal History
- Background Check
- Tax Information
- Direct Deposit
- State Disclosures
- I9 Information
- For this step, you are requested to enter information from one/two forms of ID.
- Additional Abilities
After completing the full application, you will have access to required training modules. These modules take approximately 2 – 3 hours to complete. From there, you can schedule your workshop!
- If you are working in a classroom, you are required to attend a 2-hour workshop, unless you are a school district retiree*.
- Workshops are offered in the following locations on a rotating basis weekly: Silverton, Dallas, McMinnville, Woodburn, Stayton, and Salem.
*If retired from a school district, please contact EduStaff at 877-974-6338 to discuss options or alternatives.
To be a substitute teacher for Silver Falls, you must have an Oregon Teaching license or obtain an Oregon Substitute Teaching License through The Oregon Teachers Standards & Practices Commission (TSCP). It is recommended that you complete the TSCP application process before your Edu Staff application.
If you currently hold an Oregon Teaching License:
You can register with EduStaff to join our pool of substitutes.
If you have a bachelor’s degree:
Silver Falls School District will sponsor you for a Restricted Oregon Substitute Teaching license through The Oregon Teachers Standards & Practices Commission (TSCP). This process is as follows:
- Apply for a first-time license with the TSPC’s eLicensing application. Complete details about the requirements for licensure are also available from TSPC.
- After submitting your application and paying the required fee, TSPC will provide emailed instructions that will guide you through the process of obtaining a background check and fingerprinting.
- TSPC will require you to submit official transcripts showing your completion of a bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Once you have applied for your license and paid the fee, send a copy of your college transcripts (official or unofficial) showing completion of your bachelor’s degree to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upon receipt of your transcripts, we will submit our letter of sponsorship to TSPC.
- Once you have completed your TSPC License application and sent your transcripts to Human Resources, visit EduStaff and register for our substitute pool.
- On the Edu Staff website, if prompted, select the option that indicates that you are a licensed substitute, even though your license application is still in process.
- It may take TSPC up to 3 months to process your teaching license application. However, once you are registered with Edu Staff, we will request that you be allowed to substitute teach for us while your application is still in process.
If you don’t have a bachelor’s degree but are interested in substitute teaching, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com for more information.