The K-5 Boundary Work Group has recommended the following scenario to the Superintendent: MT-RF Workgroup Recommended Boundary. Superintendent Drue will present this proposed boundary to the SFSD Board during the February 22nd School Board Work Session (Watch on YouTube). We encourage any interested community members to attend.
For more details about the work group process and timeline, see the Overview section, below.
A work group was been convened, and meeting over the course of 4 months, to develop a recommendation to the superintendent regarding the boundaries for newly configured K-5 versions of Robert Frost and Mark Twain Elementary Schools.
The process timeline and associated resources are below:
- 2018: Initial Boundary Advisory Group convened
- 2019: Advisory Group report to board
- August 2020: SFSD School Board instructed Superintendent Drue to move forward with Reconfiguration of Mark Twain and Robert Frost to K-5 schools effective 2021-22 school year.
- October 2020: RS2 Education Consultants contracted to lead a Superintendent Work Group in this process
- November 2020 – February 2021 : K-5 Boundary Work Group meetings (See associated events below for complete meeting times and dates)
- November 16th Meeting (Watch on YouTube)
- December 7th Meeting (Watch on Youtube)
- January 7th Meeting(Watch on YouTube)
- January 14th Meeting
- January 21st Meeting (Watch on YouTube)
- During this meeting, the Boundary Work Group discussed several potential boundary options. At the end of the meeting, the work group voted to move forward with selections D & E as potential selections. All the discussed boundaries, including proposed Boundaries D & E, are available to view in the documents below:
- February 3rd and 4th Town Halls
- February 11th Meeting (Watch on YouTube)
- February 22, 2021: K-5 Boundary Work Group recommendation to Superintendent presented to SFSD Board (Watch on YouTube).
- March Board Meeting: SFSD Board votes on Boundary recommendation
November Boundary Survey Raw Data
- Alison Stolfus – Teacher/Parent
- Alyssa Wavra – Parent
- Ana Torrez – Parent
- Brett Davisson – Principal/Parent
- Brittany Zurcher – Teacher/Parent
- Christine Eubanks – Parent
- Courtney Good – Parent
- Dave Adams – Parent
- Erin Scott – Teacher/Parent
- Heather Johnson- Durham Transportation
- Joanie Short – Teacher/Parent
- Kristin Norris – Staff Member/Parent
- Kyle Henderson – Teacher
- Kyle Palmer – Mayor
- Leti Piete – Staff Member
- Liz Limbird – Teacher/Parent
- Mariclea Sprauer – Staff Member
- Melissa Briggs – Parent
- Michelle Stadeli – Teacher
- Nicole Guyer – Teacher/Parent
- Sandra Cervantes Mendoza – Staff Member
- Kevin Palmer – Principal
- Julie Brown – Staff Member
Additionally, SFSD Board Members rotate attendance in observation at these meetings in order to hear community feedback directly.