For McKinney-Vento or Foster Care services/support, please fill out this form and contact Yolanda Zavala at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The McKinney-Vento Act defines “homeless children and youths” as “individuals who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence.”
Under the Mc Kinney-Vento Act, students experiencing homelessness have the right to:
- Attend the school of origin when permanently housed, until the end of the school year.
- Enroll immediately if the student is unable to produce records normally required for enrollment, such as academic records, medical records, proof of residency or other documentation.
- Transportation Services
- Educational services such as Title I, Special Education, ELL, Talented and Gifted Programs
- School nutrition programs
- Before and after-school mentoring, and summer programs