For videos of past board meetings, please see this link. For board meeting agendas and minutes, please see the list at the bottom of this page.
Board Meeting Information
A meeting occurs when a quorum is present to receive information or to decide or deliberate on any public matter. All board meetings shall be conducted in public unless specifically exempt. The board may elect to discuss private matters of personnel, site acquisition, collective bargaining and/or pending litigation in closed (executive) session.
The Silver Falls School Board meets on the second Monday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the Silverton Community Center (city council chambers) unless there is a conflict with a city council meeting. Board work sessions are regularly scheduled for the fourth Monday of each month. Work session meetings begin at 7:00 p.m. in the school district office. Special meetings are scheduled as necessary.
Public Comments at Board Meetings
The board encourages public comment in order to make better informed decisions. To expedite public comment and make judicious use of time the following practices are strongly encouraged:
- Contact the district superintendent at least one week prior to the meeting and ask to be placed on the agenda.
- Give the superintendent as much detail as possible about your comments so that background information can be developed for board consideration prior to the meeting.
The board has established the following guidelines to accommodate public testimony:
- Get recognition from the Board Chair before speaking.
- Give testimony from the designated place.
- Keep comments concise and avoid repetition.
- Be specific about what you want the board to do.
- The board may delay action to a future meeting in order to allow time for study and research.
It may be necessary for the board to establish limits on the length of testimony in order to accommodate all who want to speak. The board believes that issues related to most items can be adequately presented, including questions and clarification, in ten minutes or less.
For more information about Silver Falls School District, please contact: Andy Bellando at email@example.com or by telephone at 503-873-5303.
|Board Meeting Agendas|
|Board Meeting Minutes|
|2012 04 09 Board Meeting Minutes||25.7 KiB||200|
|2012 03 19 Board Meeting Minutes||18.0 KiB||182|
|2012 03 12 Board Meeting Minutes||26.4 KiB||244|
|2012 02 27 Board Meeting Minutes||18.7 KiB||217|
|2012 02 13 Board Meeting Minutes||28.4 KiB||186|
|2012 01 23 Board Meeting Minutes||22.7 KiB||249|
|2012 01 09 Board Meeting Minutes||24.6 KiB||237|